By Crystal Ogar
Do you find yourself looking at magazine ads of women and seeing something that’s a bit off? What about your favorite TV shows? Or films? How about the lack of women representation to the sexualization of young girls? If you love to blog and create activism in your community, SPARK wants you! SPARK is hiring bloggers and activists ages 13-22 years old to fill roles within our SPARKteam. Apply today by filling out our application and e-mailing a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SPARKteam is the best network; we’re all about supporting and helping each other in all of our endeavors.
- SPARK can help you point and push back against all the injustices you see all over the media.
- Talking back to the media is so rewarding.
- You’ll grow in your writing, which is always a plus.
- The SPARK founders, staff, and executive director are all fantastic and EXTREMELY forthcoming with help, love, and guidance. (Best I’ve ever had at any job!)
SPARK has honestly been the most amazing experience I’ve gotten to have in my life. Not only has my knowledge of sexualization expanded, but I’ve met the greatest people from all over the country. I’ve also been invited to events I would have never imagined I could participate in. I’m eternally grateful to be able to work with SPARK, and if you apply, I know it’ll be the same for you!
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE JUNE 4th, 2012! Because of the current makeup of our SPARKteam, we’re giving preference to girls 13-17, but welcome applications from all girls 13-22. We encourage girls of all racial, ethnic, and sexual identities to apply!